Blake McFarlane Bonner
Senior Vice President
Blake is active in sales, leasing and new business development.
Blake has over 39 years of experience in asset management, property management, marketing, leasing, sales and new business development. Over the years he has worked extensively with institutional clients, private investors and governmental agencies.
Blake formed The Bonner Group, Inc. in 1992 and built it into a regional firm with offices in San Antonio, Midland/Odessa, El Paso and Oklahoma City. The firm was responsible for the management and leasing of over 3.5 million square feet of office, industrial and retail space and over 1,200 multifamily units. The company was also active in tenant representation and sales of various property types. The assets of this business were sold in 2001 to Tarantino Properties and Blake remained with the firm for one year after the sale. Since that time, most of his energy has gone into several real estate partnerships and brokerage. Prior to forming his business, Blake was with The Horne Company for eight years where he served as Senior Vice President.
With over 14 years of experience as a lead broker, Blake has been involved in hundreds of transactions with dollar volumes in the hundreds of millions. 30
Asset Recovery Fund
Fairfield Financial Group
Mass Mutual Insurance
State of Wisconsin Investment Board
Notable Transactions/ Accomplishments
- Managed, leased and ultimately sold North Point Shopping Center, a 29,328 SF retail development in San Antonio, for a private investment group.
- Represented the owner in the management, leasing and sale of a 33,884 SF office building on IH-10 in San Antonio.
- Represented an owner in which Blake was a Partner in both the acquisition and disposition of The Compound Apartments, a 32 unit property in San Antonio, TX.
- Represented an ownership group in which Blake was a Partner in the acquisition of Fox Run, a 128 unit multifamily project in Tyler, TX.
- Represented a Canadian investment group in the management, leasing and sale of a 128 unit apartment property in San Antonio.
- Represented a lender in the sale of a 43,500 sf retail center in Corpus Christi, Texas.
Professional Achievements & Credentials
- Councilman for Alamo Heights, TX (2020 until present)
- Texas Real Estate Commission – Broker (1987)
- Texas Auctioneer License (2010)
- The University of Texas at Austin – Bachelor of Science (1980)
- Business Growth Award for 1987 (North San Antonio Chamber of Commerce)
- San Antonio Brokers Breakfast Club – Member (1999 – Present)
- American Red Cross, Bexar County Chapter – Board Member (1987 – 1993) (Served three years on the Executive Committee)
- Building Owners and Managers Association, San Antonio Chapter – Board Member (1987 – 1988)
- San Antonio Board of Realtors – Member (1988 – Present)* Past Chairman of the Commercial/Industrial Division (1988 – 1997)
- Greater San Antonio Chamber of Commerce – Member (1992 – 2000)
- Alamo Heights Little League – Head Coach (1993 – 1998)
- The San Antonio Public Library Foundation – Board Member (1997 – 2004) *Served three years on the Executive Committee